Vasectomy is a permanent form of contraception for men who have completed their families. It is a very safe and almost painless procedure. No sutures or stitches are necessary.
Vas Deferens carries the sperm cells from the testes to prostate. Vasectomy is numbing this tube and disconnecting the conduit.
I use a no scalpel vasectomy technique. This has the lowest failure rates in large trials. I started doing vasectomies in 1993.
- Vasectomy is the most effective available mode of male contraception.
- Vasectomy is safer, less costly, and has a shorter recovery time than tubal ligation.
- The patient does a sperm test three or four months after a vasectomy. (and 20 ejaculates after vasectomy).
- No evidence of increase in cardiovascular disease, cancer of the prostate or testes, or immune disorders. There may be an increase in kidney stone formation.
- Vasectomy is a permanent sterilization procedure.
Siva has been my GP ever since moving into the area. I have always been extremely impressed with Siva’s professionalism ,attention to detail, and up to date knowledge.
I was delighted to find that Siva performs vasectomies, as I knew it would be done well. The process was very relaxed and straight forward. I would have no hesitation in recommending Siva (and have done so to friends)
K.P, Glendowie, Auckland
I was pleasantly surprised with how pain free and low fuss my vasectomy was with Dr Nachiappan. The procedure itself was short and easy, it seemed to take only 15 minutes. There was no swelling or scaring afterwards and nothing more than the most minor discomfort which quickly subsided.
R.H, Remuera, Auckland
I was naturally apprehensive about the operation but Dr. Siva and Nurse Sandra were fantastic at putting me at ease. The operation itself was quick and relatively painless and I was surprised at the quick recovery time. The whole process from consultation through to follow up was great; I felt fully informed and had the chance to have any questions or concerns answered. I was extremely pleased at how smooth everything went and the support received throughout.
S.B, St. Heliers, Auckland
A quick thank-you for making the process as quick and painless as possible. I was well informed prior to the procedure and what to expect after. I would thoroughly recommend you.
P.A, Kohimarama, Auckland