Nodular melanoma is an agressive form of melanoma skin cancer. As melanoma survival rate depends on how deep the melanoma is from the skin surface, the earlier you get the mole removed the better the chances of your survival. Fortunately these are rare.
What does nodular melanoma look like?
- New mole, especially on sun exposed areas
- Rapidly growing mole in a matter of weeks or months
- Usually raised dome shaped and symmetrical.
- Has a dark appearance with varied colours including blue, black or red.
- Sometimes these are colourless which makes it difficult to diagnose.
- The mole could bleed or be painful, or crusty or itchy or sting.